Employer’s Checklist to Prevent Loss of Electronically Stored Information
In the electronic age, businesses must be more diligent to maintain and protect electronically stored information. There are several preventative measures employers should take to avoid lost information.
- Use confidentiality and non-compete agreements
- Identify and protect business trade secrets and other confidential information
- Have policies
- Conduct interviews upon employee resignation
- Remind employees of their obligations
- Require written verification of return of company property
- Immediately secure the company’s computer upon an employee’s resignation
Advertisement: This information is for general purposes only and is not intended to constitute any specific legal advice of any type.