Nathan T. Lawrence
Nathan Lawrence brings years of experience as a business owner and entrepreneur to his legal practice. Clients appreciate Nathan’s ability to frame their legal needs in the context of their individual businesses and Nathan is passionate about helping his clients’ flourish professionally and personally.
Nathan focuses on helping closely held businesses, and startup companies tackle a range of issues, including:
• Corporate formation and governance
• Real estate transactions
• Employment law
• Sales and service agreements
• Intellectual property protection and licensing
• Regulatory compliance
After earning his undergraduate degree at the University of Colorado, Nathan worked in industry for eight years and started a successful small business. Proceeds from the sale of his business enabled him to return to the University of Colorado to earn his Juris Doctor. There, he won awards for his work as an intern with the Silicon Flatirons Center for Law, Policy, and Technology and earned a coveted spot on the legal team of the global startup accelerator and venture capital investment vehicle Techstars where he worked with dozens of promising tech startups.
Professional & Civic Activities
- Advisory Member, Colorado Supreme Court’s Working Committee on Professionalism, 2014-present
- Board Member, Project Cure, 2017-present
- Member, Leads Group 7, Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce, 2017-present
- Board Member, Hope Connects International, 2011-2015
When he’s not helping entrepreneurs realize their dreams, Nathan is an avid backcountry skier and enjoys touring the mountains of Colorado with his Australian Shepherd rescue Slicker.