When our business clients are faced with a problem that might end up in litigation or mediation, we control the process and focus on the practical solutions first –what they need from a business perspective, regardless of which side of the claim they're on. We ask: How do we get the dispute resolved within a timeframe and at a monetary cost that makes the most business sense, including avoiding the risk of a trial? The answer is: Through early case evaluation, strategy development and trial, if necessary.
We obtain solutions in and out of court that make sense – strategically and operationally – and focus on keeping the business growing.
We concentrate on commercial disputes primarily involving privately-held businesses in the greater Denver area, and we litigate in Colorado's state and federal trial courts. We represent businesses as plaintiffs and defendants, handling claims across several areas of business, including:
- Intellectual property issues, especially in the area of information technology, trade secrets, and confidentiality, and enforcement of non-compete agreements through the injunctive relief process.
- Employment issues, representing privately-held businesses in greater Denver and elsewhere in the U.S. regarding complex claims and administrative actions involving federal and state employment statutes, including dealing with the nuances of Colorado's laws governing employment.
- Construction law, representing contractors in lien actions, delay, defective workmanship claims, and contractual disputes.
- Regardless of the type of claim, we provide professional, but aggressive representation and efficient case management, including early analysis of the client's needs and objectives, and the effective use of information technology in discovery and at trial.
MB Law in Action – Featured Client Case Studies
Case Study: Resolving an Ownership Dispute without Litigation.
Our Client’s Objective: A local, Denver-area home health care agency was embroiled in a dispute involving the business’s owners. The parties were having trouble agreeing on the value of the shares.
MB Approach: We met with the parties and developed a dialogue about a possible buyout of the company by one of the owners, instead of litigating the dispute.
What’s Next? The case was resolved when the owners agreed to a buyout by one of the owners.
Case Study: Taking Care of a Popular Restaurant Chain against an Employment Claim
Our Client’s Objective: A national restaurant chain hired us to defend it when a former key employee alleged that he was wrongfully terminated.
MB Approach: We established that the plaintiff had become disabled and was unable to perform his duties as an employee.
What’s Next? MB Law obtained a favorable settlement before the case went to trial.
When complex, potentially costly business claims arise, our lawyers help get them resolved the best and most expedient way possible. We represent clients in the full range of commercial disputes, including:
- Shareholder claims
- Employment discrimination, wage and hour, COBRA, FLSA and FMLA
- Protection of proprietary information
- Derivative actions
- Landlord-tenant disputes
- Breach of fiduciary duties
- Construction and design
- Breach of contract
We're known and respected throughout Colorado for our ability to obtain favorable results that fit our client's business objectives.